Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tooth Fairy and Dinosaurs...what a natural combination.

So, it's been a while.

We had our first ever visit from the tooth fairy about a week ago. I've been wanting to take a picture of the now vacant spot in Neil's mouth, but that hasn't happened. He was so excited when he showed me the hole in his mouth. Apparently the tooth just fell out when he was sleeping;) I don't think it was quite ready to, but thanks to something about chewing on his pant leg and losing his balance, the tooth became loose and about 3 weeks later fell out. Wow. Not sure if I was ready for that bit of childhood yet. Oh well, can't stop progress. And you don't want to let them know that you're not just completely thrilled that the little one that you brought home from the hospital and couldn't take you eyes off of, because you knew if you did they'd be 20 and you'd be asking yourself where it all went, is growing into that 20 year old WAYYY to quickly for your comfort. Nope, can't do that. It's happening way too fast, but I'm glad it's happening. Life with him is better than the best of days without him. I adore him, and wouldn't change a minute of it. Thank you Neil for letting me have the best seat in the house for watching you become a boy who will become a man.

Neil entered a contest for the Walking with Dinosaurs that we went to. It was a create-a-dino art contest. The contestants drew their own dino then sent it to the newspaper for the judging. Well, I never heard back or saw anything about it on the newspaper web site when I checked. I knew when we weren't contacted that Neil did not win, but I wanted to know what the winning pictures did look like. So, I went searching, and found nothing. I sent an email to the contact person on the entry form. When she emailed me back, she sent pictures of the winning entries (which I would love to be able to show you, but can't) and said that the nice folks at Walking with Dinosaurs were sending Neil a gift pack to thank him for entering the contest. As if he didn't make enough of a haul the night of the show! They sent him another T-shirt and a very special hat that he can wear when we go on our dinosaur adventures. And we know there will be many. We still have most of the stops on the Dinosaur Diamond to visit.




No comments: