Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2009 the year in Review

Okay, so I know this is a bit late. And may seem less important, since it isn't the first post of the new year. To be honest, I'm terrible at uploading photos. But, since I've realized that I don't have to post photos, or very many, since the first half of the year is already taken care of... here it is.

January
Walking with Dinosaurs and the first visit from Tooth Fairy. Since then, he's lost four more teeth.

February
The passing of my dad.

March
Spring violin recital.

April
Tour of the Depot bike race. A race for Gary, right in our very own neck of the woods. Not my favorite way to spend Easter. But, hey...it was some great outside time. And the weather on Sunday was sooo much nicer than the weather on Saturday...burr!!

May
A school field trip to the zoo, with Dad. Farewell to a small violin, and hello to a bigger one. Last day of Kindergarden.


June
State Road Race Championships in Clarkston. Intermountain Suzuki Strings Institute.

July
Swim Lessons!!!

August
Camping and First Grade.


September
Soldier Hollow Classic sheepdog trials and Splash dogs. The third year up for Neil and me, fun stuff!

October
That month long celebration of Halloween. School carnival, Benson Grist Mill Pumpkin Walk and party, Halloween HighJinks with the Utah Symphony, Halloween violin recital, Wheeler Farm cyclocross race, trick-or-treating, and the FLU...even swine flu, we think....we didn't actually go to the doctor for the diagnosis. What's up with folks that do that, anyway? You're sick, go to bed!





November.
Quiet Thanksgiving at home. SCD friendly for Gary, and ultra yummy for everybody. The find of a pie that Neil loved...German Apple. Once again saying farewell to a small violin and hello to a larger one. And a son that thinks my cooking should be 'interviewed'.

December.
Christmas violin performance at Tooelel City Hall, complete with visit with Santa. Birthday lunch at Joe's Crabshack with Mom and Grandma. Thinking that would suffice for birthday dinner, only to hear a muttered..."today's not my birthday." A freshly turned 7 year old. A new Red Ryder BB gun and salmon and shrimp dinner for his birthday. Winter vacation from school...I never knew somebody that young could be so Excited to not have to go to school!! Christmas!!! And as Neil put it when asked: "Did you get a lot of presents for Christmas?" shoulder shrug..."no, not really. But it was good." And a really fun New Year's Eve. Second viewing of Avatar...took my mom this time, visit to Gary's mom, Gary's first Crown Burger in 3 years...and ta da! This time it DID NOT make him sick!! YAY!! Lots of New Year's Eve fun that lasted until New Year's morning with Kim, Paul, and Bryce.







Looking back, I realize that I was able to do almost one small post monthly. I'm better than I thought I was.

No comments: